Monday, July 20, 2009

To All Maine Points

We went to Maine this weekend! I did not see any moose or seadogs. I demand my money back. (?) We did go to Ogunquit Lobster Pound, as recommended by our local food reviewing tv show - the Phantom Gourmet. If you don't know anything about the Phantom, the main gist is they want to make you real fat, so I usually trust their choices. You tell the man how much lobster you want to stuff your face with, and then they pick some out of a holding tank, weigh them, and in mere seconds, throw them to their watery deaths into a giant vat of boiling seawater.



This is the only known picture in existence of our lobsters, pre-vat of boiling water.



We also ordered steamers (clams). They are weird looking. But really good! Oh and yes, you peel the clam away from the weird brown outside membrane, which Tim called the foreskin. Groooosssss. I'm not usually the biggest fan of lobster, but I think it was a combination of being in Maine, eating outside, and summertime that made this lobster super delicious. Also, lots of butter does not hurt.



This is where Tim surfs. I would take up surfing just to see this on the reg. We're moving to New Hampshire!

1 comment:

  1. Repeated awesome comment:

    Have i told you recently how much I want your life?!!

    Also ... foreskin.... genius.

    ReplyDelete