Monday, August 3, 2009

Snaggley

Tim and I picked up the keys and signed the lease to our new house in Portsmouth on Saturday! Our land lady is nice. Too nice. Midwest nice! She told us we could park at her house if we wanted to go to the beach and if the house was open, we could use the bathroom too. Janet, you're the best already.



That's what our backyard looks like! Lots of shade from old maple trees, none of which reside in our yard.

We then went up to Maine to get some of Flo's special hot dogs, and a trip to Yummies, which is a giant candy store. Obvi bought some gummi bears and peanut brittle.



Flo's hot dogs are good, even though the ingredients are a bit strange. Also, I had a Moxie soda (as seen behind the hot dog in the picture). No clue what's in that. Tim said it tasted like the dentist. Having been to a dentist this morning, I will disagree. Flo's sauce is some sort of secret onion/molasses deal. Which is delicious. Very snappy hot dogs. I would most def go back.

Then on Sunday, I broke my tooth! As you may or may not know, I have two crowns on my front teeth, because one of them up and died on me about five years ago. The left crown decided to bail on me yesterday, probably due to several factors: my teeth grinding, my nail biting, and my consumption of peanut brittle. The last straw was when I didnt use it to eat some delicious nuggs. It dropped off my real tooth in protest.



I spared you the close up picture of that. It was too snaggley for blog use.

So I went to a dentist this morning and was told several horrifying things: 1) I have to wear a mouth guard, 2) that mouth guard is 800 dollars, 3) the new tooth is 2000 dollars, 4) I probably have a cavity. In GOOD news, instead of taking 3 months for my crown, they are taking some sort of digital scan of my tooth and making the crown in house, so it will be a 4 hour appointment and I will be done! The dentist there is super nice and very knowledgeable, so that 3000 dollar bill is made somewhat better. Just kidding, no it's not.

I was so distraught because of my snaggle status that I couldn't concentrate on the task at hand - which was LSAT studying. Instead, I focused on keyboard catting.



Look! Rorschach keyboard cat!

No comments:

Post a Comment