Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Walking around in my summertime clothes

One thing I love about the beginning of summer is the annual cheesy "OMG It's Finally Summer" playlist. All songs about parties and bullshit, and picking up girls, and being in love, and all of the good stuff that comes around only when the weather outside is accommodating

I like checking isiticedcoffeeweather.com, it is very reaffirming. Is it iced coffee weather in Boston 02111 today? YES. Duly noted. I have bought an iced Vietnamese coffee. So good. 


Here is a picture of the tiny necklace I bought at the Designboom mart. I've always been really fascinated by sealife. Besides whales, dolphins, sharks, and whatever bullshit other large creatures exist down there, I think smaller sealife is really interesting. So I saw this at the Odette NY booth, and was really fond of it. It's a bit girlier than things I am normally attracted to - kissing seahorses is very relatable to lame crafts and etsy in my mind - and I like how the design isn't too refined. ALSO, seahorses mate for life and the males carry the babies. What I'm trying to tell you is that the seahorse female is living the dream. MY dream.

I leave for IL, or as Tim calls it, "Illy," at 6AM on Friday. Yay! My sister and Kory seem to be getting increasing agitated. She's already made a complete meal plan and Kory has been texting me inane things all day. Actual texts:
  • "Does tim like sushi...we could do sushirama on sat nite"
  • "What else should I get for him does he eat or drink anything special"
  • "What does tim drink? Pop? Beer? Sparkling water? Prune juice?"
  • "What are we doing on Friday? Zoo? Thrifting? Garage sales? Will he drink coors light? If I don't have the closet doors up will u be embarrassed... oh shit. Is Tim afraid of closets??"
  • "Zoo sounds fun. I'll see if I can get the day off from work"
The last one is especially weird because I'm like 98% sure that Kory is still a stay at home Dad. Haha. Oh the family. My father is currently obsessed with me getting a fixed gear bike to ride around. You know, because he told me it's the cool new thing that all the young people are riding in Brooklyn. I'm down for riding a bike but I am not down with a fixie. Did you know you CANT STOP PEDALLING!? What the fuck. I need my coasting time. 

1 comment:

  1. Coasting time is awesome, I must admit. I love my ten-speed in the city.

    ReplyDelete