Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I was just in LA (more on that later) where it was 92 degrees on Monday, which was apparently a new record, and now here I am in Boston, where it is currently (according to weather.com), 33 degrees... but it FEELS like 23. Awesome.

My desk at work got moved, so instead of being in the hallway, I am now in the slackers' corner office, and I have a window! And I can see daylight!


Check out Alexander Wang, I want him to turn straight so he can be my pseudo gay Asian designer boyfriend. Sigh. We could share basic, solid color drape-y clothing while I try and convince all my friends he likes women and he tries to convince all his model friends that I am cool. You see, this could be the relationship I have been dreaming of all these years - the most important parts being that my last name would be Wang, and we would have ridiculously cute Asian children.


Also, hearts and props to our (me & S) favorite Red Sox player Dusty for winning AL MVP this year, following up on his AL Rookie of the year win last year. He has been our love ever since moving to Boston forced us to watch the Sox / love baseball, and yes, we are proud to admit that we bought our Pedroia T-Shirts before he was actually a good player. Okay, I don't really love baseball, but I do love Dusty. If there is one thing this 5'7", severely balding 25 year old can teach us, it's that sports commentators overuse the word "scrappy" and that a 5'7" severely balding second round, 65th overall draft pick can win the World Series, earn Rookie of the Year, AL MVP, Gold Glove, Silver Slugger in two years. You make me want to be a better person, Dusty.

Song that's stuck in my head and I wish it wasn't: Single Ladies by Beyonce, except only the first line of the chorus, which is, "If you liked it then you shoulda put a ring on it." I can't even tell you how much that sentence bothers me, and I definitely can't put into words how much I wish it wasn't so catchy.

I have been at work for an hour and a half and have done nothing.

1 comment:

  1. oh man i miss baseball... can you believe i became the type of person that loves baseball?

    ReplyDelete