Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Food makes me excited

Lots of exciting things have been going on since last Thursday. Mostly food related.


Thursday was the day S and I ventured to our local BK and tried the Angry Whopper. Not bad, pretty spicy, kind of a weird sauce that came on it (sweet BBQ?), but the onions were NOT as spiteful as the commercials had led me to believe.

Friday was the day I finally got to go to La Verdad, more than a year of wanting to. I was inspired (read: made hungry) by Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations on Mexico City and its taquerias. T and I shared some amazing corn and had some amazing tacos. I have no pictures, I will blame that on the deliciousness of the food.

Saturday was the day I had a chicken mcnuggets picnic lunch, and four of my favorite drinks in the world at night: hot cider & bourbon, gin & tonic, a manhattan with extra cherries, and a young's double chocolate stout.




Sunday was the day T and I went to Hot Dog Ranch in western Mass and got some "famous baby hot dogs," which were pretty good. They told us two hot dogs probably equaled one normal sized hot dog. Also, we had tater tots. I love tater tots. For dinner, T and I went to Hungry Mother and destroyed everything on our plates. Mini ham & biscuits, fried oysters, trout / steak, pan fried cornbread, and a "moon pie" all met their demise at our hands. Also I had some sweet tea. Plus ten points.


To top it all off, I had yesterday off to celebrate Chinese New Years. I ran some errands, had some quiche and a cafe au lait at Cafe L'Aroma (which also has an amazing fruit tart, which I was too full for), and bought this crazy cotton candy skirt from H&M. They had this amazing section full of flouncy, voluminous cotton voiles in floral print, chunky knits, and detailed coats in a sky blue / cotton candy pink / khaki scheme. Anyways, its literally like a lantern, and plus, it matches all of my black clothes. I love it and wish it was warm / I had somewhere to wear this to.


Now, S and I are going to have some fried chicken. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

5 comments:

  1. I saw some lace-up oxfords the other day in SoHo that really jumped out at me. Yours jump out at me for not being tied.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great eyesight on those untied shoes

    ReplyDelete
  3. moon pie?! what a day to be alive...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBRL7D0wcXM

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like Hungry Mother is highlighted a lot on Yelp, and the reviews make me soooooo hunnnngryyyy...

    ReplyDelete