Monday, January 5, 2009

oh gosh, 2009.

i feel like 2008 went by really fast, and it was a really big year for me, in so many different ways. lots of beginnings, endings, growth, tears, laughs, milestones.

2009 is going to be good. 2009 is going to be big, i can feel it.

i've been tossing around a few ideas in my head about where i'm going to go in september and it seems like one in particular has really captured my imagination. i feel like if i say it out loud though, it will be gone from me, poof, flown away, so right now, i am keeping it close to my heart while i plot the next steps. the really fucking big next steps.

being at home was very nice, but in a way which made me very thankful that it is a place i visit and not a place i live. i spent time with the people that i love, even if it wasn't for long enough in some cases.

this christmas / birthday (let's face it, my birthday will never stand on its own) was the first time ever in which no one asked me what i wanted and still everyone procured things that I love. thinking it about it makes me kind of teary eyed. my heart is so full.

i usually don't make new years resolutions, but i think this year, all i am going to say is that i resolve to be better. be happier, laugh more, love more, hate less, be less sociopathic, be more open, be more deliberate, be less afraid, be less nervous, appreciate more, be better. that's it. it's that easy.

1 comment: