Tuesday, April 28, 2009

After all of my whining and bitching and crying about the cold weather, fake summer / real spring is finally here! YES. We did it, everyone. Congrats. High of 92 degrees here today.. KABOOOOOOOOOOOM sun explosion!!!!!!!!! Don't worry, back to 60 degrees tomorrow.



In the one week where the weather has been awesome, I have already gotten sunburnt. YESSSSSS. My lifelong dream of getting skin cancer is one step closer to becoming realized. I know, that's not funny. Anyways, I read Mysteries of Pittsburgh by Michael Chabon outside on Saturday and I now have some major swimsuit tan lines. Following up on that book name drop, Mysteries is spectacular, and I really enjoyed it.



I had been meaning to read this one for awhile, since I've read a decent amount of his other novels, and when I saw this adorable cover at the Harvard Book Store, I had to pick one up. Anyways, this new cover is for Harper Perennial's Olive Edition and the other two, which I also liked, I also already owned. And seriously, who needs two copies of Unbearable Lightness of Being and Everything is Illuminated? Also, how did they end up picking these three books? I just started Jhumpa Lahiri's Interpreter of Maladies last night and it is pretttttttttyyyyyy good. Sorry I just talked about books for way too long without saying anything of substance.

Nicoolio and I spent last Sunday wandering throughout the city. Some things we did: Crossed through the Greek Parade on Boylston, took the commuter rail from Back Bay to South Station, had a helpful bus driver in Dior shades, had a beer at the Legal Test Kitchen, went to the Harpoon Brewery, schmoozed the brewery workers (okay, I didn't do this so much), got kind of drunk, wandered into the Puma party next to the ICA, saw Usain Bolt, went to the Barking Crab, then took the T up to Harvard, where we ate dinner at the Border Cafe. It was awesome. My calves still hurt from walking. All of this from a day where we were supposed to go sailing. Good trade off.

I had a weird dream a few nights ago which ended in me eating gummi worms. I am eating gummi worms now, and they are just as good as I dreamt they were. I am going to revive my summertime ritual of eating a Vietnamese sandwich in the Public Garden today. YES.

2 comments:

  1. Seriously, we walked the SHIT out of Sunday. I couldnt even go running yesterday due to soreness. And I cant stop thinking of chicken enchiladas...mmmmmmm...best day off everrr

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont think ive mentioned enough how much you have MY DREAM LIFE. so expect future exclamation as such.

    ReplyDelete