Monday, March 23, 2009

Restless Monday

I hate when you're talking to someone and they make some comment you gloss over and then hours later you're like WAIT A SECOND... was what they said TOTALLY bitchy and passive-aggressive???? 

I am so ready to get out of here. Here meaning this job as well as this place. So. Ready. Hurry up already, I'm done with all of this. I want to move on. 162 days. I'm also currently pissed off it's only 19 degrees here (okay fine, 30, but feels like 19)

The last This American Life I was half listening to (it wasn't that good) was about people's plan B's. The gist of this episode was how life never turns out the way you planned it. At my count, I think I might be on Plan D or E at this point, so I figure I'm getting closer to where I'm supposed to be.  I might not exactly know what I want to do, but I do know what I don't want to do, and I suppose that's better than not knowing anything. Right? RIGHT?!

I'm restless today. More so than usual. One week until Europe... ! Aaaaaaaaaaand I booked a ticket to go back to IL Memorial Day weekend! This is currently the longest I have been away from Illinois. 

Things I have been thinking about a lot: hot summer days on the deck in Schaumburg, sunshine so bright it causes you to lose vision when you go inside, the scent of tomato plants, days when it is warm even when it's windy, sundresses, sandals, oh dear god how isn't it spring yet

Tim, you know "T", my wonderful boyfriend, made some crayon rings that have been generating a lot of "buzz" in the "blogosphere," you know, just making the "blog rounds." But seriously, they are really cute and clever, so you should go look at them here and here and then go buy some here. I would post this picture I have of him working on said crayon rings but unfortunately, he also has my camera. Tim, you better not have deleted that picture. Or else. 

PS: I'm sorry I used the term "blogosphere" 
PPS: I figured I would stop using "T" on this blog since you know, the link I just put up kind of gives away Tim's real life identity. Not that enough people read this to make that important or relevant. Whatevs.
PPPS: Not that Tim or Michelle are particularly uncommon names, but Michelle is also dating a Tim and sometimes that confuses me.
PPPPS: I filed my federal taxes today and I am getting a refund for the first time ever. HIGH FIVE. Making no money by volunteering full time DOES pay after all! 

1 comment:

  1. teachers can be really catty. i recently discovered that conservative and liberal social studies teachers, in the same room, on half days, will argue until a) the time to clock out arrives or b) the other party dies.

    getting a refund feels dang weird. putting away money and saving it feels even more weird.

    anyways. another teacher in out department ended up blasting an episode of this american life yesterday, and i thought of you and this post.

    ReplyDelete